WHAT IS STAND BY ME LESVOS
- This is not just another charity organisation
- There is no secrecy about its role it has transparency in its operations
- This is an international organisation with national funding
- We are not into politics, but concerned about humanity
We are confident that we will succeed because:
- We have been active for many years in the selfless support of the vulnerable
- We are transparent
- We listen to the needs of the vulnerable and create jobs and social programs for them
We believe that the vulnerable need dignity and safety and therefore the teachers of the Second Chance School of Mytilini took the initiative to create an organisation which is:
- Concerned about the vulnerable and establishing their needs
- Offering basic goods and services which they need
- Our job is: to train people and advise them how to reintegrate from the margins into mainstream society
- This organisation is made from local professors, local business people, international philanthropists and our immigrant students. We can and we want to help and we have very good supporters abroad.
- We have taken a decision to be fully transparent and accountable for all activities we spend our funding on.
- Led by Michael Aivaliotis who for the last five years is a founding member of three local organisations where he had major management roles. He was one of the Founder members of Lesvos Solidarity – Pikpa refugee camp, which cares for vulnerable refugee children and their families. All these roles were voluntary without any direct or indirect fee being paid to him.